Boneless Rib Roast
- Allow roast to get to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 450 °F
- Season roast rubing Olive Oil and using coarse Sea Salt and Pepper
- Sear roast on stove top at high, 3 minutes per side
- Place roast in rosting pan with fat cap side up
- Cook roast for 20 minutes at 450 °F
- Take roast out of oven, cover and let it rest as you allow oven to drop temperature to 300 °F
- Continue to cook roast at 300 °F until it reaches internal temperature of 135 °F for medium rare
- Time can be 40 mins to 1.5 hrs depending on size of roast, go by temperature, not by time
- If you want final temperature to be 135 °F, take roast out of oven at 130°F
- Remove roast from oven, let roast stand covered for 15 minutes before slicing. This will allow for juices to redistribute and let final temperature increase 5 degrees.
* Please remember that each oven is different. Always use a meat thermometer to check on internal temp of roast at different times.