Leg of Lamb
- 5 lbs leg of lamb, bone-in
- 1 tsp ground rosemary (or use 2 tsp. freshly minced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepepr
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp oilve oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Mix rosemary, salt & pepper in small dish. Rub half of mixture over larger end of leg of lamb
- Slice 2 garlic cloves into 15 slivers and mix with remaining spices in bowl
- Cut 15 small slits in leg of lamb and fill with spiced garlic cloves in
- Rub 3 tbsp. olive oil over the surface of the lamb
- Place lamb on a rack in the center of roasting pan and place in preheated oven
- Cook for 15 minutes at 450°F and then lower heat to 350°F for 75 minutes
- Remove from oven and test with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of leg; consider lamb done at 130-140°F (temperature will rise about 5 degrees out of oven).
- Cover with aluminum foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve
Please remember that each oven is different. Always use a meat thermometer to check on internal temp of roast at different times.