- Allow roast to get close to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Season roast rubbing Olive Oil and using coarse Sea Salt andPepper
- Place roast in rosting pan with fat cap side up. Cook roast for 20 minutes at 500 °F
- Take roast out of oven, cover and let it rest as you allow oven to drop temperature to 300 °F
- Continue to cook roast at 300 °F until it reaches internal temperature of 135 °F for medium rare
- If you want final temperature to be 135 °F, take roast out of oven at 130°F
- Remove roast from oven, let roast stand covered for 15 mins before slicing.
- This will allow for juices to redistribute and let final temperature increase 5 degrees.
- Never slice a roast right after taking out of the oven
Please know that each oven is different. Always use a meat thermometer to check on internal temp of roast at different times without touching the bone. Convection ovens have shorter cooking times.